In today’s post I wanted to share with you a quick recipe that I really enjoy. It’s a salad made with fried eggs and Thai dressing. At my house we love the runny yoke version which is the way that I’ve seen it in Thailand. However, if you are interested in trying this recipe, but don’t like the oozing then please feel free to cook the eggs all the way through.
- 3 eggs
- 1 to 2 tablespoon of lime juice - you can adjust to your taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoon of fish sauce - you can adjust to your taste
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- ¼ cup of sliced onions
- sprig or two of chopped cilantro
- optional pinch of sugar to taste
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan
- When hot crack in the eggs - you can do it one at a time or all at once
- When the egg whites get brown and crispy around the edges you can remove from heat. Cook longer if you prefer the yokes cooked through
- In a small bowl mix together the lime juice, fish sauce and sliced jalapeños (add sugar here as well)
- Place the eggs on a plate and garnish with onions and cilantro
- Pour the dressing over the eggs before serving
This fried egg salad goes great with hot rice. We eat purple rice at my house hence the pop of color that you see in this picture.
Doesn’t that look amazing?! If you enjoy eggs sunny side up, give this recipe a try!