NFL season openers go down tomorrow. I’m incredibly excited for the Cowboys and Niners game. When you live in Texas, football is a religion. Anyway, I’m not here to talk about football, but if you’re going to a watch party I have the perfect dip for you.
I had this dip (or something similar) five years ago at Chuy’s. Theirs is called the creamy jalapeño and it was amazing. Amazing enough for me to scour the internet in hopes of finding the recipe. I can’t even tell you who the author/owner of this recipe is since it’s been so long. Whoever you are I am recognizing you! Thank you for posting so we can all enjoy this dip.
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped jalapeño - you can add more if you're feeling sassy
- 1 cup green tomatillo sauce
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 (1 ounce) packets dry ranch dressing mix
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Stir in ranch mix with a whisk.
- Chill and serve.